This major project involved functional changes, a major seismic upgrade and renovation of the existing building complex, consisting of a classroom block, shop building and auditorium dating from 1928 to 1954. The existing buildings were well in excess of the program area required for the school’s capacity. It was determined that one wing would be surplus and demolished after the upgrade. Construction was undertaken in two main phases with multiple sub-phases. Phase 1 included the upgrades to the 1928 shop building. Phase 2 work was concentrated in the classroom and auditorium wing. The phased construction was facilitated by the addition of the temporary portables. At project completion the consolidated complex was seismically upgraded and extensively renovated with new science labs, art rooms, foods and textiles rooms, drama room, auto shop, hairdressing shop and a newly refurbished 600 seat auditorium.